Home » SiChuan, Travel Culture

Traditional Chinese Painting Series About Sichuan Folk Customs

5 April 2010 12 Comments

Yeah, I finally back to the internet world. Miss you so much my dear friends!
Many things happened in these four months, But I really want share you some traditional chinese paintings about (四川民俗) first, which I found at an old tea-house of .

JiGongChe(鸡公车)
JiGongChe is also called MuNiuLiuMa(木牛流马). It’s invented by ZhuGeLiang(诸葛亮) during the Three Kingdoms Time(三国时期). It’s a kind of very useful vehicle specially for the hilly landform of Sichuan. People use it carry all kinds of heavy things, even use it as a wedding car!
I could see JiGongChe somewhere in Sichuan when I was a little child, But you can only see them in museum now.

Sounding the night watches(打更)
In the archaic days when there were no watches, The night clock beelmen would patrol the streets at night and announce the watches. We can learn how they work from some Chinese opera.

TangYouGuoZi(糖油果子)
Looks like Tanghulu (冰糖葫芦)? No, It’s a kind of traditional snack Of Sichuan named TangYouGuoZi. It’s made from sticky rice and loved by chirdren. Yeah, It also has more than one thousands years’ history! QingShiQiao (青石桥) street of Chengdu is the most famous place to enjoy them.

Sugar painting(倒糖饼)
Chengdu Sugar Painting is a kind of important Non-Material Culture Heritage. I had tried to make it slinkingly at home and wasted a lot of sugar when I was a little girl. Yeah, It’s difficult to learn!

Tea & Long Men Zhen (喝茶&摆龙门阵)
As we know, You can find everywhere in Sichuan. People there love to enjoy tea and Long Men Zhen (龙门阵) at . Long Men Zhen’s original meaning was a kind of battle array which invented by a famous general named Xue Ren Gui (薛仁贵) in Tang dynasty. But Sichuan people use it to describe how dramatic the chat is. Yeah, Everybody there is a great story teller!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• 景晖 said:

好久不见,你会来你的博客了!

四川民俗很有趣,多么想有长的时间逛中国不同角落!越来越多地点要去!

希望能按排到广洲走走!

景晖

iWalk reply on April 5th, 2010 11:46 pm:

嗯,快点养好伤啊,等你来喝早茶呢!

• jam said:

Welcome back, my friend. I thought you got disappeared… I had seen sugar painting in Chengdu last time.
    .-= jam´s last blog ..Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Kota Kinabalu =-.

iWalk reply on April 5th, 2010 11:53 pm:

Yeah Jam, I also couldn’t image that I have disappeared for 4 months! So terrible!

So you have ever been Chengdu, Did you enjoy Sichuan opera’s face changing? I think that’s magic!

• RennyBA's Terella said:

How wonderful to see you back in Blogspher iWalk – have been missing you (and was a bit worried too) you know!

Thanks for sharing these painting traditions from China – you know I love to read and learn about others, as much as I like sharing the same from Norway :-)

You might recall, I have personally at least had one Chinese art adventure; Frank Woo.

Thanks for the visit and Easter greetings – glad you liked our Bunny Egg hunt in the forest…. and my cup (not made by me :-) )
    .-= RennyBA’s Terella´s last blog ..Family Easter Bunny Egg hunt in Norway =-.

iWalk reply on April 9th, 2010 1:16 am:

I am so lucky to have friends like you, Renny. Yeah, I already change my mobile phone serive so that I can visit internet anytime.

Yeah, I have read your post about Frank Woo, I think his works are so wonderful.

And, Yeah, I love your life style, just like your wooden cup,elegant and leisurely. :)
    .-= iWalk´s last blog ..An Old Teahouse Named ShunXing =-.

• Cashmere said:

Hi….
    I’ve just been back too! :D
    Anyway, I cant drop on you.. It says no such user and blog has been deleted???? Welcome back! :)
    .-= Cashmere´s last blog ..I almost died watching Paramore! =-.

iWalk reply on April 9th, 2010 1:20 am:

Oh, Sorry Cashmere, Maybe I left too long time, They canceled my ID!
    .-= iWalk´s last blog ..An Old Teahouse Named ShunXing =-.

• Martha said:

Hello.. So this is what chinese painting looks like. Its really unique.
    I bet the teas there are really good :)
    .-= Martha´s last blog ..Still Life ~ pitcher and mug =-.

Hi man do you have new articles ? I relish article improve so my dad … ..

• san antonio clubs said:

A saying comes to mind taking from the architecture world, god is in the details great paintings indeed.
    san antonio clubs´s last [type] ..San Antonio Clubs

• Ella said:

Very interested painting, I even bought one on my last year vocation.