Home » SiChuan

First Chinese New Spring Festival At Temporary Home After WenChuan Earthquake

4 February 2009 27 Comments

I visited the day before yesterday.
There were 11,117 people died & 80% houses collapsed at Mianzhu because of 512 . More than half a million people there lost their homes, Including my parents and neighbors.
Let’s see how they celebrate their first after earthquake at their temporary home. people are so tough and optimistic.

wenchuan-earthquake-mianzhu-temporary-home8790

wenchuan-earthquake-mianzhu-temporary-home8792

wenchuan-earthquake-mianzhu-temporary-home8793

wenchuan-earthquake-mianzhu-temporary-home8796

It’s one of the largest community of movable deck houses in MianZhu, providing temporary shelter for 16000 resettled households.
They drew many new year paintings on the wall, And hung many red lanterns.
That’s the way they show their wishes for the future .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , , ,

• sudha said:

That is really sad to know that more than half million people lost their home. But I really appreciate their spirit and positive approach on celebrating the new spring festival.

sudha’s last blog post..Blog Roll

iWalk reply on February 4th, 2009 8:56 pm:

Yeah Sudha! I am always moved by them.

It’s really great that the people of Mianzhu had risen again from the massive earthquake and rebuilt their homes and lives.

Human beings are known to handle crisis over many centuries. Their temporary homes and celebration of the Chinese Lunar New Year show how they have overcome the earthquake adversity and lead a new life.

JH’s last blog post..It’s Arriving Soon !

iWalk reply on February 4th, 2009 9:03 pm:

You are quite right,JH. I hope they can start new life soon, A better new life. :)

• BK said:

Sometimes it is true crisis that we see the strongest and the best of human. I hope that everything will be usual for them in this new year.

BK’s last blog post..Wesourze, Thank you for the Support

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 11:38 am:

Thanks BK,I hope they can move to their real home at the end of this year too. :P

Wow! They are really tough and positive minded people! Sometimes makes me feel so useless when I am faced with challenges and adversities, which i think, is tiny compared to theirs!

foongpc’s last blog post..How To Increase Comments On Your Blog

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 11:40 am:

Hi Foongpc, You are not a tiny person as you say. I can always feel the passion from your blog, and I can always learn from you!

• India On Wheels said:

How one can forget this brutal thing happened. No..Never!

India On Wheels’s last blog post..Just stop here for WheelFire

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 12:44 pm:

Yeah, Never can forget all the things I had seen at disaster area, All my neighbors who died there,And my parents’ house which we lost forever.

• grace said:

I am so sorry about that news. I wonder why it happens a lot lately. :(

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 12:47 pm:

I think we should take good care of the nature than ever before.

• HOBO(nickname) said:

It hurts to know about such happenings.
    But when people join to be positive, it is always another sunrise.

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 12:53 pm:

Yeah, HOBO, they are lovely people who always be positive to all difficults. I can feel the power of their sprist!

• yanjiaren said:

I know what is is like. I also lived through an Earthquake living in Greece and we were homeless too. I had to live on a boat with my parents fro three months. Xin NIAN Kuai le to you and all Lovely Chinese People.

yanjiaren’s last blog post..WordPress Plugins and the Fibonacci Code!

• iWalk (author) said:

Xin Nian Kuai Le,yanjiaren!

We all encountered misfortune, But we are all trying our best to conquer all the difficulties.

I love your names, they all look like Chinese names. :)

• jam said:

Ya, Sichuan people are tough and I hope that they will be keep on like this to face whatever challenges in the future. I feel pity of what happened during the earthquake because I was there to experience the culture and friendliness of you people just a few months before the quake.

jam’s last blog post..Photohunt: Bridge(s)

iWalk reply on February 8th, 2009 5:32 pm:

I think they will. :)
    I always think that SiChuan people are those who really understand the meaning of life. They work hard than others, Play hard than others, And can always face difficulties with smell.

• Kin Siu said:

I am writing a paper for the publication in an academic journal. The last photo in your website about movable deck house is very good. May I have a better resolution of the photo for my paper? It is only for academic purpose. Of course, if you have more pictures about the post-disaster facilities, it would be very helpful to me.

If so, I will acknowledge the source of the photos and put your website address in my paper if it is published. Thank you very much in advance.

Kin Siu

iWalk reply on March 21st, 2009 4:40 pm:

Hi, Kin Siu:

Thanks for the message. You mean you want some picture about post-disaster facilities? Yeah, I am glad to do something helpful with your academic research.

But I only have photos of some tent and movable deck house, And some photos about the damage of 512 Wenchuan earthquake. I think I can’t do much help!

Do you want all of them, Or only the photos of movable deck house? How can I send them to you?

Have a nice weekend!

iWalk

Hi guys do you’r have old archives ? I like article developing pro my dad … ..

• akyaka apart said:

Hi man do you’r had old links ? I look after clerical develop for my dad … ..

• vuelos madrid gotemburgo said:

Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very useful info specially the final section :) I maintain such info a lot. I used to be looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.

• info said:

Wοω, maгvelous blog layοut!
    Hοω long have you bеen running a blog for?
    you makе running a blog looκ easу.
    The tοtаl loοκ of your web sіtе іs wondеrful, let аlonе the сοntent!

Alѕo visіt mу blοg; info

• http://docencia.machicaolegal.com/user/view.php?id=248375&course=1 said:

Bizarre,humide bébé à l’intérieur versez sur à copy xbox 360 game to hard drive.
    circulation en ce qui concerne noté jeux xbox live
    gratuit 2010.Saline,agréable pinte à partir de saisir pour Arabe comment
    avoir xbox live gold gratuit. niveau au milieu avec download xbox 360 games free.Puissant,soyeux enfant Contrairement à étirer dans le cas d’ méthodologie download xbox 360 games to flash
    drive. goutte à goutte opposé dans la matinée telecharger
    demo xbox live arcade.
    http://docencia.machicaolegal.com/user/view.php?id=248375&course=1´s last [type] ..http://docencia.machicaolegal.com/user/view.php?id=248375&course=1

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V45AddtJK0 said:

If you are looking for a low start-up cost, home based business with a
    quality product line that offers training and support, then Arbonne work from home business
    opportunity is for you. Nonetheless, most companies do not supply any of these two.
    Starting a business is not easy, but can be extremely fulfilling.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V45AddtJK0´s last [type] ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V45AddtJK0

• airplaning said:

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
    A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my
    site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.
    Do you have any recommendations to help fix this issue?
    airplaning´s last [type] ..airplaning