Home » Food Guide

Do You Love Mini Hot Pot?

16 February 2009 41 Comments

(火锅) was not invented by Chinese people, But it’s very popular in China, specially in . You can find many big reastaurants in , which offer hundends people enjoy red hot pot together, That’s really HOT scene.
But my favorite is a kind of mini hot pot, offered by some small and quiet restaurants. Or you can make it at home.

mini-hot-pot01949
My favorite mushroom soup base hot pot.

mini-hot-pot01953
You can put some Saffron(藏红花) into mushroom soup, It’s used as a kind of medicine as . It’s benefit to your health. You can know more about it from Wikipedia: Saffron

mini-hot-pot01958
Yeah, I love many kinds of Mushrooms.

Here is other hot pot dishes I like:

mini-hot-pot01883

mini-hot-pot01884

mini-hot-pot01888

mini-hot-pot01948

mini-hot-pot01964

mini-hot-pot01896

mini-hot-pot01944

mini-hot-pot01894

My Friends, Do you love hot pot too? Which kind of hot pot do you love most? Which kind of hot pot dishes do you prefer?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , ,

• jam said:

I had tried to Sichuan hot pot in Chengdu a couple of years back. The one I tried has 2 soup base in one pot, i.e. the ordinary one and the spicy one. Very yummy indeed!

iWalk reply on February 18th, 2009 1:52 am:

Oh, we call that as “mandarin duck pot”, Because we think mandarin duck is a kind of animal that they hunsband and wife will always live together. Mandarin duck here means two different soup base in one pot. :P

Metz - Empty Streets reply on February 20th, 2009 10:57 pm:

Hi iWalk,

Wow I love hot pot dishes and just looking at your pictures is making me hungry hehehe :) Hope you have a great and warm weekend ahead :)

Metz – Empty Streets’s last blog post..Sports Saturdays on Empty Streets: Featuring Michael Phelps

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 2:37 pm:

Thanks Metz, I just back from trip. :)
    Yeah, it’s weekend again, Maybe we should try some other yummy! :P

• Quickroute said:

now that i’m here i’ll have to try it !

iWalk reply on February 18th, 2009 2:18 am:

Welcome to Hongkong,Paddy!

I want the traveling life as your! So what’s your next destination?

I love hotpot! In Malaysia, we call it steamboat. As Malaysia is hot, I normally like to eat it on a cold, rainy day : )

foongpc’s last blog post..Will You Vote For Me?

iWalk reply on February 18th, 2009 2:13 am:

I don’t love eat hotpot in hot days too, But it seems Chengdu people love hotpot more in summer days, They think sudation can make you feel better!

• 景晖 said:

我喜欢火锅, 在新加跛可以吃到中国重庆嘛辣火锅,还受欢迎!

有机会,我会拍一些新加跛的火锅给您看 ,话说回来,吃和煮火锅的访试还有同样的共同点!

我希望到了广洲,能够吃到很多不同的美食!

景晖

景晖’s last blog post..A Koala Love Story

iWalk reply on February 18th, 2009 1:56 am:

好!等你的美食!

我今天到了昆明,晚上被朋友带到玉溪去吃烧烤,哈哈,又香又辣真好吃!

云南也有好多好多好吃的!

• Mei Teng said:

Your closeup shots of the food are beautiful! Makes it all the more yummy-looking. Yes, I have heard of the famous hot pot but have yet to try out myself. It’s like what we have here called steamboat but we use a clear broth although we do have a choice of spicy broth too.

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 4:47 pm:

I think steamboat is a kind of Hot pot but love by south Chinese people who don’t like piquancy.

We seldom find mushroom soup base too, there are only 2~3 brands in China. But I think you will like it. :)

• The Fitness Diva said:

I have never had this (I don’t think). I think the closest I might have had is Japanese yosenabe? Not sure if that’s the right name!
    But they bring you a hot bowl of seasoned and flavored soup water on a heated coil, and you have all these chopped vegetables and meats to put into the bowl to make your own soup! I enjoyed that a few times!

The Fitness Diva’s last blog post..Use Your Passions to Get and Stay Fit

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 4:49 pm:

Yeah Diva, That’s a kind of Hot Pot too! I never try a Japanese style one, But I love korean style hot pot, They said they are similar!

• heidi said:

I have not had hotpot but I love the idea with the mushrooms and vegetables and would really love to try it!

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 4:50 pm:

Yeah Heidi, I think they are all healthy foods!

• sudha said:

Hi iwalk,I really dont know what hot pot is but it seems like soup..isn’t it? I like only tomato and sweet and sour vegetable soups..I’m a vegetarian. I see a round white slices of something with holes on it..is it lotus stem? Lotus stem curry and pickle are very popular in North India :)

sudha’s last blog post..Pictures Of Colourful Flowers !!

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 4:58 pm:

Oh sudha, It’s a kind of gastronomy. They serve many kinds of vagetables and meats together with soup, you can cook them in the soup.

Yeah, That’s lotus stem. I love all kinds of dishes made by it. :)

• BK said:

Wow, your choice of hot pot dishes are really healthy; the mushrooms and the vegetables. I think the most memorable hot pot I had was when I was in Ningbo. As the weather was turning cold already, there is this hot pot shop just opposite a hospital which serves superb soup base. Thinking of it still make me drools :)

BK’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: Muddy Mud Pie at Coffee Club in Holland Village, Singapore

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:01 pm:

I have never been to Ningbo still now! But I love Ningbo Tangyuan. I think Hot pot in Ningbo is the kind of great too! :)

• lala said:

I’ve never had hotpot either. It looks yummy though, and I love mushrooms!

lala’s last blog post..St. Augustine Part 2

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:02 pm:

Haha, I love almost all kind of mushrooms too! They are very healthy food! :D

• HOBO(nickname) said:

Delicious.
    I am hungry.
    HOT-pot ? whats that ?

HOBO(nickname)’s last blog post..Home Remedies for various ailments

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:05 pm:

I think you must have something similar in India too, It’s a kind of DIY course with many kind of foods and a soup base, You can decide which kind of vegetables or meats you want to cook in the soup base. :)

• India On Wheels said:

Hot Pot – one of the essential article at everyone’s kitchen that serves you so many things in hot condition. How I forget my first shopping with hot pot. From last 10 years it is with me. Thanks to the Chinese creations.

India On Wheels’s last blog post..Things to see and do at Auli – 2

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:09 pm:

Oh, So you love it very much. Me too! We often make it in home, It’s simple to prepare, And healthy enough! :P

• brexians said:

lovely tasty post
    each country have a “hotpot”
    in greece we have one we called “fasolada” kind of soup with pearl beans, carots, celery, onion, tomato an paprica…
    PS
    saffron originated from the plains of northen greece and it is know also as crocus, safran, zafrani, it is a very expensive… more in wikipedia

brexians’s last blog post..Holland, weird facts ….τα παραξενα της Ολλανδίας

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:14 pm:

Thanks so much for correction Brexians!

I only know the best saffron in our country is from Tibet before, So we called it “tibet Saffron”. You make us more clear about it, I will add the link of wikipedia in article!

Thanks again!

• grace said:

I never had that before but it sounds good. I think I will like that. :)

iWalk reply on February 22nd, 2009 5:16 pm:

You can try it at home, Grace! :)

• Gennaro said:

That food looks scrumptious. I love hot pot cooking, but for some reason I’ve only had it with Korean food.

Gennaro’s last blog post..8 Great Movies For Paris Travelers

iWalk reply on February 25th, 2009 4:40 pm:

Korean style hot pot looks beautiful too! :)

• Arman said:

Looks delicious, I like hot pots, only problem is each time after I finish my clothes smells so strong that I could not wear it again.

Arman’s last blog post..Shenyang Tours

iWalk reply on February 25th, 2009 4:45 pm:

Yeah, Have to wash all the clothes after that! That’s the big problem, That’s one reason I dislike spice hot pot. :P

• Cascia @ Healthy Moms said:

I’ve never heard of Hot Pot before. Is there anything in America that is similar? Very interesting post!

iWalk reply on February 25th, 2009 4:46 pm:

I think you can find it in America, Cascia.
    Just as Brexians said, Every country has it’s own hot pot. :P

• Tony said:

I found you through entrecard. Lovely blog and food pictures. Where does hot pot come from?

Tony’s last blog post..kagahoushiyou 日榮 加賀宝生 大吟醸

iWalk reply on February 26th, 2009 12:51 am:

Thank Tony!

It’s said hot pot was invent by people of Mongolia,and it was spread to northern China during the Tang Dynasty. Yeah, long history. :)

• lunaticg said:

Hi!
    thank you for sharing your hotpot story.
    I love to eat them.
    See you around.

lunaticg’s last blog post..Belarus or White Russia banknote

• Karen said:

I want to travel with you so you can help me try the foods I am afraid to eat!

• travel supermarket said:

Sites we Like……

[...] Every once in a while we choose blogs that we read. Listed below are the latest sites that we choose [...]……