Miss GuangZhou’s New Spring Festival Flower Market
Chinese tradition is somewhat complex. Several food exhibitions will open to celebrate the new spring Festival in Chengdu. Yeah, People here love tea and noshs more than flowers.
ChengDu is a city very different from GuangZhou. I love Chengdu, But I miss Guangzhou’s Spring Festival Flower Market too! There are some pictures I took last year, You can see how people enjoy flower market at GuangZhou.
There are always so many red lanterns on the street where flower market locates.
Gold fruit means “Gold Everywhere”
Looks really like “Gold fruit”, aren’t they?
Peach Blossoms are regarded as the best thing to avoid evil. If peach blossoma bloom during the Spring Festival, The year ahead will be the lucky one.
kumquat is called “jin qian ju” in Chinese, It is also the must-buy at new year flower market. It symbolize fortune.
Fish is called “Yu” in Chinese, Which means enrichment.
These young girls and the cartoon souvenirs they sell, Bring some new elements to the old traditional market.
Cosplay girls are selling colorful windmill. GuangDong people think it can bring a new lucky year.
Lion puppet? Lion is another important element of Guangdong’s new year festival, People believe it can avoid evil.
These young people are selling the “lucky cage”, which means you can gain and keep a lot of money in the coming year.
I also made a video for that, with a famous Guangdong(Cantonese) music named Bu Bu Gao, which means Steps On The Ascent:
2009 Guangzhou Spring Festival Flower Market Travel Guide
There are still ten big flower markets in year 2009, But you can also find many small flower markets here and there days just before New Spring Festival.
● Yuexiu Xihu Flower Market on Jiaoyu Road and Xihu Road;
● Yuexiu Donghu Flower Market on Dashatou 3rd Road;
● Liwan Flower Market on Liwanbei Road;
● Haizhu Flower Market on Binjiangxi Road and Baogang Road;
● Luogang Flower Market on Qingnian Road;
● Tianhe Flower Market inside Tianhe Sports Center;
● Baiyun Flower Market on Yuanjing Road of Tangjing Street;
● Huadu Flower Market inside Nanfang Flower Wholesale Trade Center;
● Huangpu Flower Market inside of Huangpu Sports Stadium;
● Panyu Flower Market on Shengtai Road;
● From 8:00 am to 2:00 am
● From 23 Jan,2009 to 26 Jan,2009
Know more about GuangZhou’s New Spring Festival Flower Market :
Copyright © iwalku2.com All Rights Reserved
Tags: ChengDu, China Travel, Chinese Tradition, Flower Market, food, Guangzhou, New Spring Festival, Travel, Travel Guide