Home » SiChuan

Spring Is Coming

28 January 2009 32 Comments

It’s still cold, But According to Chinese traditional calendar, spring is coming.
My father took these photos in some parks of . Yeah, They do not belong to this cold season, But they come ahead of schedule to inform us a colorful spring is coming after a happy .

chengdu-spring-flower01305

chengdu-spring-flower01306

chengdu-spring-flower01308

chengdu-spring-flower01326

chengdu-spring-flower01330

chengdu-spring-flower01331

chengdu-spring-flower01372

chengdu-spring-flower01374

According to the Chinese traditional calendar, A year is divided into 24 solar terms. “start of spring”(Li Chun) is the 1st solar term. 04 Feb is the day of “start of Spring”, Yeah, Spring is Coming!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , ,

• Sally Treue said:

So you are from GuangZhou, that´s nice,
    I am importing porcelain from there and I have never have time to visit and I just discovered your blog, and it gave me the will to visit next time.
    The flowers pictures are marvellous, and I really like the two last ones you have posted!

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 9:53 pm:

So glad to meet you here Treue!

Oh, I know Foshan’s porcelain is very good, That’s just near GuangZhou. One of my friend also own a porcelain workshop here.

I think you will enjoy your tour around Guangzhou too, specially during the new spring festival, there are many traditional performs too!

iWalk’s last blog post..Spring Is Coming

• Metz - Empty Streets said:

Hi iWalk,

wow these flowers are so vibrant and full of life – I love the way you even captured the bees. That also means that you wont need them winter coats no more. :) Thank you so much for your feedback btw. :) really meant it that it is with people like you that have become wonderful friends that has inspired me to continue to be very dedicated as a blogger. :) thank you so much with all of my heart :)

Metz – Empty Streets’s last blog post..Sports Saturdays on Empty Streets: Featuring Cristiano Ronaldo

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:14 pm:

Agree with you Metz, It’s blog let us meet so many good friends,we learn from each other and inspire each other,And make progress together. :)

But, a little mistake,these pictures were taken by my father. :P

iWalk’s last blog post..Spring Is Coming

Wow ! Very beautiful flowers !

Spring is lovely, whereby the beautiful flowers would appear and brighten up the country ! Miss my days when I was studying in Australia and my Tokyo spring holiday trip to take photographs of the many different kinds of flowers blossoming in Spring !!!

Looking foward to see more flower photos !

JH’s last blog post..It’s Arriving Soon !

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:22 pm:

Not login online for some days, Miss you so much JH! Hope you already took many great photos of New spring festival!

• Gennaro said:

Beautiful images. Wish we were a little closer to spring. There was snow today :)

Gennaro’s last blog post..Recycled Masterpiece: Chandigarh’s Rock Garden

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:40 pm:

Oh I love snow too,Gennaro.
    We always say A snow year, A rich year. :)

• grace said:

What a lovely flower. I love flowers of all kinds. It made me happy. And what a nice way of telling us that spring is soon coming. :)
    I’m looking forward for a spring very soon.

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:50 pm:

But I also love the snow scene in front of your house so much, Grace.
    Thank for this colorful world, We can enjoy so many different things!

• BK said:

Spring is definitely coming! I believe the people in the northern hemisphere are certainly looking forward to spring. Come spring and all the flowers will be blooming with life. :)

BK’s last blog post..Do You Need a Smile Today? Share this with …

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:55 pm:

Yeah, we are looking forward to spring, The other reason is spring is a season travel around too! :)

• Pam said:

Love the bees; your father takes good pictures! :D

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:52 pm:

Oh, thanks pam, He is my first photography teacher. :)

• Scottish cottages said:

this is increadible!!! i feel the breath of spring looking on these pictures)))

Scottish cottages’s last blog post..Glencoe Ski Conditions

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 10:59 pm:

Thanks! We need colorful spring in these cold days. :P

• heidi said:

What beautiful and colorful pictures. How your father got so close with the bee is amazing. Just beautiful.

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 11:09 pm:

Thanks Heidi!

I love the bees but I am afraid of them at the same time, I never took such a picture for them. Fortunately, My father did it. :)

Love springtime! Lovely summer flowers.

My Bug Life’s last blog post..Big Cat On The Prowl

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 11:10 pm:

So we say 生如夏花. :)

Beautiful photos! I especially like the 4th photo of the purple flowers and the last two photos!

The Chinese have 2 calendars right? The solar calendar and the lunar calendar. The 1st day of new year on 26th Jan is following the lunar calendar, right?

foongpc’s last blog post..The Wedding Game

iWalk reply on January 31st, 2009 11:12 pm:

Oh,foongpc, You are right, We have two calendars. and 26th Jan is the first day of 2009 according to the lunar calendar. :)

So we say happy new year to you 25 days later than the solar calendar. :P

• The Fitness Diva said:

Wow! Your father took some incredibly beautiful photos! How colorful and gorgeous! I can see where you got your talent for photography! ;)

These pics do make me look forward to spring! All the beautiful colors, and yes, flowers! We will all be there soon!
    Thanks for posting these wonderful pics!

The Fitness Diva’s last blog post..Fun With Fitness Friday!!

iWalk reply on February 1st, 2009 10:18 pm:

Yeah Diva, My father is the model of my life, I learn so much from him. :)

Now we are looking forward to the Start of Spring day! We always say a year begin at spring, yeah, our hope too!

• Web Marketing said:

Wow, that’s just beautiful. I love spring, everything about it is so lively; the smell of flowers in the air, the bright colors of all sorts of flowers. It just symbolizes a new fresh beginning for me and brings hope in my heart and an unexplainable joy. Maybe I’m weird but that’s the effect spring has on me.

I’m in South Africa, so our spring only starts in September.

iWalk reply on February 3rd, 2009 9:28 pm:

You are in South Africa! So you are welcome Autumn now!

I love Autumn too! So many colors, So many fruits! :P

• snowbetchay said:

wow!! beautiful flower,, is it a native on your land??

iWalk reply on February 6th, 2009 1:23 pm:

Oh, I don’t know where they originate from, But you can see them every where here. :P

• Jodapoet said:

Beautiful closepup of these flowers. Flowers blooming and birds singing in the garden is nature’s symphony.

Jodapoet’s last blog post..On A San Francisco High CD by Vocalist Sony Holland

iWalk reply on February 8th, 2009 5:00 pm:

Yeah Jodapoet, The nature give us to many beautiful things. We should take good care of them. :)

• Riester Rente said:

i miss these colours in the rainy days here in Hamburg but i´m sure to have it back very soon ;)

Hello man did you had new documents ? I relish clerical develop for me … ..