Home » Cool Collections

How Can We Find Fantastic Christmas & New Year Gifts

19 December 2008 33 Comments

Earthquake, Economic Crisis, Somali Pirates…The keywords of year 2008 are so gloomy. Maybe we should encourage ourselves with something special!
There is my suggestion about how can we find fantastic gifts of & New Year, how about your opinion?

No.1 The idea of health

Example:Wii Fit

Nintendo’s Wii Fit was named as one of the Best Tech Products of 2008 by BusinessWeek.
The Wii Fit is really fantastic. When you stand on the its small board, it senses your balancing, stretching, and aerobic movements and represents them on screen in games like skiing and hula hoop. Yeah, It’s realy a combination of fitness and fun, designed for everyone.
Since the world is so unsafe, Why not live healthy?

No.2 Something really cool

Example: Pixar Remote Control Toy

If you are a fan of Wall-E like me, You will love this toy! Wall-E really comes to life in this full-function robot with movie-like movement and original character voice & SFX. If you connect it with your iPhone or iPod, He can immediately dance to the music!

No.3 Renewable energy sources

example: Sun and Moon Jar

These jars store sunshine!
There are a highly efficient solar cell, a rechargeable battery and low energy LED lamps inside the Sun & Moon Jars, When the jar is placed in direct sunlight for a few hours, the solar cell creates an electrical current that charges the battery. This energy is then used at night to power the three LED lamps inside the jar.
Sounds great? Did I tell you it can also be left outside in any weather conditions?

No.4 Vintage Toys

Example: Rubik’s Cube

Do you still remember Rubik’s Cube, transformers or tin toys? I think that the best choice for old friends.
I just bought some Rubik’s Cubes for some friends. I love this toy because I am specialize in it! Yeah, I also drew the graphic guide myself to tell my friends how to play it well. :)

No.5 Do something special yourself

Example:A special Bento

Never made such a Japanese Bento yourself? Just try it!
I believe he/she will remember it forever!

No.6 Something Handmade

Example: handmade bookmark

Your friend is a Social Bookmark user online? Why not find a real one like these handmade bookmark from Australia?

No.7 Domain Name

Example: present your friend a meaningful domain name

Your friend still not have his/her own domain? That’s great! You have the chance to present him/her a virtual home. When my friend Lalaok’s daughter was born, I presented a domain name same as the princess’ name for her. Lalaok is using it on princess’ personal blog and writing interesting stories about little princess now. I love his blog, I think the little princess will love it too!

No.8 Magic Seeds

Example: Magic Bean

It’s not a new idea. But you can know how important a plant can be through the movie Wall-E. Do you still remember Magic Bean? Yeah, Water them and watch them grow, let’s plant plants ourselves.

No.9 Gifts marked

Example: Fair Trade Coffee or Sweatshop-Free Clothing

Fair trade is an organized social movement that advocates the payment of a fair price as well as social and environmental standards in areas related to the production of a wide variety of goods. It focuses in particular on exports from developing countries to developed countries, most notably handicrafts, coffee, cocoa, sugar, tea, bananas, honey, cotton, wine, fresh fruit and flowers. They use Fairtrade mark to allow consumers to identify goods which meet agreed standards.
So, Buy gifts with Fair Trade Certified Marks, And tell your friend the meaning of them.

From left to right:Fair Trade Certified Mark (USA & Canada); WFTO Fair Trade Organization Mark; International Fairtrade Certification Mark

More……
Santa letter written to whoever you choose!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , ,

Great gift ideas ! Very interesting and unique, I haven’t thought of buying such interesting gifts for Christmas and New Year before !

The Special Bento stands out for me !

JH’s last blog post..Reflections of a CEO – My Shoes

iWalk reply on December 20th, 2008 9:51 am:

I’d like to make my gift a little specal. Though some of them seems expensive to myself, But great to be gift to good friends. :)

iWalk’s last blog post..How Can We Find Fantastic Christmas & New Year Gifts

• lala said:

I don’t really do Christmas anymore, but I love those LED candles! Those are really neat.

iWalk reply on December 20th, 2008 9:54 am:

I love that Jar too. And I find I can buy much cheap here. Only 40 RMB (about 7 USD). :D

Nice ideas on christmas gifts! I like the sun and moon jars! : )

foongpc’s last blog post..Dear Santa

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 12:39 pm:

I like your Dear Santa list too! :)

• Quickroute said:

Sun and moon jar is excellent and environmentally friendly

Quickroute’s last blog post..Attack of the Killer Snails

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 12:43 pm:

Yeah, we finally know we should get along well with the nature. :)

• heidi said:

Wonderful and very unique ideas! My kids would go crazy for the jars and wall e robot!! I just love these!

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 12:47 pm:

One of my friend told me he has a real Wall-E toy, because his son would play some Wall-E performances everyday. :)

• Work At Home said:

A good list of gift guidance provided. Getting a gift for our loved one is the toughest job of all.

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 12:50 pm:

Yeah, It’s a difficult job because we regard our friends so much. :)

• ish said:

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 12:59 pm:

Thank you so much,Dear ish!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too!

• heidi said:

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!!! Wishing you the best!

iWalk reply on December 25th, 2008 1:01 pm:

Wishing the best to you and your lovely chirdren,Dear heidi!

Everyday a happy day!

• Isabella Edwards said:

My favorite gift to give during Christmas day is a fruit basket with toys and gift certificates. they can really put a smile on someone’s face~.;

• Sara Foster said:

My favorite gift to give during Christmas day is a fruit basket with toys and gift certificates. they can really put a smile on someone’s face:.*

• Kai Collins said:

Christmas is nearing again gotta prepare some great Christmas Gifts;:;

• Hunter Reed said:

solar cells these days are not yet very efficient in generating electricity~*:

• Granite Tiles  said:

my favorite christmas gift is none other than a kiss and a hug~”*

• Fire Basket  said:

amorphous type solar cells are the cheapest option that we cant get if we want solar power`.’

• NLP Techniques · said:

well, there would be a need for more Christmas gifts next month ..

• Rain Jacket · said:

even with the price drop, solar cells are still quite expensive if you want to get more than 500 Watts “”

• Claudio Cassem said:

Hi guys, How many articles would say it would take to begin with and to grab the attention of readers for a starting blog?.

• inspirational quotes said:

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing? I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?

• w3-warez.cc said:

Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness on your post is simply excellent and that i could think you are knowledgeable on this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to take hold of your RSS feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thank you a million and please continue the rewarding work.

• GAGA said:

Thank you, I have just been looking for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the source?|What i don’t realize is in truth how you’re no longer really much more well-appreciated than you may be now. You’re very intelligent.

• weight loss tips said:

This website definitely has all the information I needed
    about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

my webpage weight loss tips
    weight loss tips´s last [type] ..weight loss tips

• sohila zadran said:

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

• Wordpress Photo Themes said:

Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Excellent .
    . Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally? I am happy to find so many helpful info here within the post, we need work out more strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
    WordPress Photo Themes´s last [type] ..WordPress Photo Themes

• garcinia diet said:

For somebody that was previously obese, I must point out that
    I wish I had easy access to the info on this site in past times because
    it would have made a big effect in my existence.
    Thank you for everything.
    garcinia diet´s last [type] ..garcinia diet

• wifi router for home network said:

Wow, thiis piece of writing is nice, my younger sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going
    to let know her.

my page :: wifi router for home network
    wifi router for home network´s last [type] ..wifi router for home network