Home » Cool Collections, Japan

Seven Fortune Gods Bell Of Japan

27 November 2008 19 Comments

I bought this Seven Fortune Gods Bells at . It’s a kind of very popular lucky gift in Japan.

There are seven fortune gods painted directly on the bell, They are worshipped widely in Japan since ancient times, as a part of traditional .

Hotei God: brings peace and wealth;

Jurojin God: brings peace at home and longevity;

Fukurokuju God: brings long life and happiness;

Benzaiten God: brings wisdom,

Bishamonten God: brings courage;

Daikokuten God: brings chances and wealth;

Ebisu God: protects from fire, diseases and commercial failure.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , ,

• Debo Hobo said:

It is so pretty and ornate. Such nice things in that country.

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:09 pm:

yeah, I love all things with ethical culture.

• Catherine said:

Very pretty. Where would you put it in your home?

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:04 pm:

Oh, I have no good place for it becuase I live in a very small house in Beijing. I hang it over my bedlamp this moment. :D

• rjl2000 said:

It is good.We have too in China

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:06 pm:

Wow!? I never know it can also find in China!

It was the first time I knew Seven Fortune Gods.

• Ori said:

Would look great also on Christmas tree :-D :-D

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:07 pm:

Oh, yeah, I think so!

• gadiez said:

tiny, the bells look cute. Is it to be put in windows or hanged by the ceiling ? or maybe it will be dangling by the wind ? :) sorry for asking so much, i’ve never seen anything like that before.

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:16 pm:

Oh, as the travel guider’s saying, all your ideas are all right. :)

you just need put them at a good place in your home, or you can simplely hang it over your bag. It will bring good luck to you!

This is cool !

I love to buy these wonderful gifts from overseas holidays to bring back home !

Remember my backpacking holiday in Tokyo and buying/collecting lucky charms to bring back home for friends and myself !

THe 7 Fortune Gods Bell is really special ! I would like to have it !

Tiny reply on November 27th, 2008 7:22 pm:

JH, I still have no chance to try a backpacking holiday. I am Looking forward to doing so. :)

• Liam said:

Great photos; I’d like one for my Christmas tree too! Glad to see you’re still traveling; Japan must be a fascinating country to visit. You’ve been so many places, you should write a book!

iWalk reply on November 29th, 2008 4:28 pm:

Dear Liam,

So glad to see you again!

Long time no see, I have to introduce my co-author Tiny to you. Yeah, This is her post about her Japan trip. I am so glad you like it.:)

Yeah, I have been to many places, But I still envy you, Because I love Sydney. :)

Liam reply on December 11th, 2008 2:01 pm:

Dear iWalk,

Glad to see you again too. Sorry I didn’t reply to this earlier but I didn’t notice it until now. I’m very pleased to meet you co-author; hi Tiny!

You’re right; Sydney is a top spot. I’d still love to travel as much as you have but there’s no place like home. :)

Liam’s last blog post..The Joy of X(ML)

• Metz - Empty Streets said:

Hi iWalk,

Got a turkey for yah and a freakishly accurate Blog Personality Test for yah over at empty Streets :) Have fun :)

iWalk reply on November 29th, 2008 4:23 pm:

Oh, I am late!

But I am so glad the Thanksgiving Turkey still there waiting for me!

Thanks Metz, I will try it! But not on Turkey, but on chicken, Because there is no turkey on sale here!

• Web Marketing said:

Wow, quite profound. I think the Hotei God is exactly what I need right now. ;-)

Tiny reply on December 4th, 2008 2:18 pm: