Home » Food Guide, Japan

Fast Food Is More Healthy In Japan

23 November 2008 46 Comments

Today, Fast food is almost the pronoun of American fast food. You can easily find American fast food chains like McDonald’s, KFC, Pizzahut everywhere.
But to my surprise, Japan also has one of the most developed fast food industries in the world. And Japanese fast food is often much healthier.

1. Japanese Fast Food In

Tokyo has many fast food automats. You can choose your food from the photo menu on the automat, everything is fast and simple. The kind of japanese fast food cost 580 yen at Tokyo.

2. Japanese Fast Food In

Japanese Fast Food at Kyoto includes more vegetable, and looks more beautiful too. They looks more like Japanese Cuisines, But they were sold in fast food way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , ,

Ooh …..

I am reading this post at 0153 hrs local time…… Making me hungry …..

The fast food I tasted during my Tokyo trip was the bento set sold in convenience stores or 7-11, didn’t explored this form of Japanese fast food !!

I should go back there to try them out & taste them !

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 10:58 am:

Japanese Cuisines in fast food style! That’s good for our tourists. You can try them next time!

Patrick reply on November 26th, 2008 3:15 am:

Don’t you think that that’s just a tad rascist and/or generalist. Not all westerners are obsessed with fast food. I’m fourteen, and absolutely adore Japanese food and take every opertunity i can to have it.

Græme reply on November 26th, 2008 10:03 am:

I don’t think she was being racist. Once you go to Japan, you will find that it is extremely difficult to order food at a real restaurant because the menus are written in Japanese. However, most fast food chains have pictures and sometimes English menus.

If you can speak or read a little Japanese, it pays to go to a real restaurant; otherwise these ‘fast food’ places are an easy way for tourists to enjoy the cuisine.

Yemek tarifleri reply on March 18th, 2012 9:54 am:

harika kardes gercekten seni tebrik ederim.

• scarlett said:

hey, the display looks cute and neat. And it seems to me it is like a vegetarian style cuisine. Is it true tiny ?

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 6:31 pm:

Oh, scarlett, They are vegetarian style, So they added some meat pie as ingredients. :)

They looked more like regular Japanese food than fast food to me…but I agree, these meals are definitely healtier. I love Japanese food anyway :)

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 6:34 pm:

Yeah, They are cooked as Japanese Cuisines, But sold as the fast food way. :)

• lina said:

They do serve those food fast in Japan. My favourite place to get fast and cheap food is Yayoiken. I miss that place. :)

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 6:57 pm:

I missed the chance to try yayoiken. But I saw many travelers’ guide talking about it. They have any restaurants in the world, including China.

• Splabluagh said:

Haven’t any of you wondered why they eat so many vegetables there in Tokyo? They don’t have room for slaughter houses or farms and they use human manure. Tokyo fast food? No thanks.

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 7:33 pm:

Yeah, They lack meat.

But, Of course, that’s not the reason they kill whale. Yeah, I am opposite to the whale fishing.

• kamikaze.cockroach said:

Don’t forget that Japan also has a LOT of American fast food places too. You can’t walk 10 minutes without hitting a McDonalds. Also, Japan has a lot of their own bad fast food too. What’s the fat/calorie count on ramen or katsudon? That’s fast food too and that stuff has got to be loaded especially since they add extra fat for flavor.

Tiny reply on November 24th, 2008 7:40 pm:

Yeah, I saw many American fast food stores there. But maybe I had too little time in Japan, I didn’t have chance to know their “bad fast food”. Thank you so much for the correction. :)

• pdxrocks said:

KFC and Dunkin Donuts abound as well.

Tiny reply on November 25th, 2008 12:54 pm:

Yeah, I visited KFC and cost 620 yen for the first lunch in Japan.

Fortunately, I found Japanses fast food after that!

• Saetian said:

I like the hexagonal bento box! I think I’ll try making one like that. So cute and elegant.

Tiny reply on November 25th, 2008 1:47 pm:

Japanese bento box is really cute. And I think it’s too hard to make by myself. Hope you succeed! :)

• Chiffon said:

I lived in Japan for 3 years and boy do I miss it. I am not sure which is healthier but I do love the food. I hardly ever visited the American fast food places while living there.

Tiny reply on November 25th, 2008 2:06 pm:

Hi Chiffon,

I don’t like American fast food too.

I think we should eat more vegetables, and less red meat. That’s my simple principle about the health food. :)

• heidi said:

This is very interesting but I don’t like fast food period. Love the bells of Kyoto.

Tiny reply on December 1st, 2008 12:52 pm:

Actually, I don’t love fast food too. But when I travel to a new city and don’t want waste time on food, dast food is a good choice. :)

• www.japansoc.com said:

Japanese Fast Food more Healthy than other Nations….

Is it really true? Is Japanese fast food actually good for you?…

• mohan said:

oh…i feel hungry seeing this post…Its delicious guys…but is really good for health..?

Tiny reply on December 1st, 2008 1:47 pm:

Actually, Fast food is not kind of healthy food. But I was glad that I could see so much vegetables.

• Busby SEO Test said:

But, what I found that Japanese fast food is sometimes degrade their deliciousness. As a matter of fact, japanese food is healthy but pricey.

Tiny reply on December 2nd, 2008 10:20 am:

Agree with you, Japanese food is quite pricey. I want try more real Japanese Cuisines but that’s too expensive.

• Web Marketing said:

Wow, great looking food, but very expensive. But it really looks delicious, nutritious and well presented.

• healthinout said:

good to know about it..anyway it seem delicious!

• lvs said:

I like the little food models that restaurants in Japan place in their window.

• yossi said:

this is such bullshit. thats like the most healthy expensive food on the menu at matsuya. no body eats that shit. Its just as bad as america. lies lies lies

• elizabeth said:

I think this is a place where they are just advertising the foods. I wonder if they really are better foods than in america. There foods look quiet appitizing

• Martina said:

it all looks like a healthy food :)

• go here said:

the food looks really good and well prepared. doesn’t look like it’s fastfood meal.

• mizie said:

i just eat sushi only for japanese food, another food i never try
    mizie´s last [type] ..HIDUP SEORANG BLOGGER AND CCTV SECURITY SYSTEM

• USB to Serial said:

of course when you dont have time to cook, fastfoods would always be the best option *”.

• namibia wildlife safaris said:

Back to the Future~ Dr. Emmett Brown Roads Where were going we dont need roads.

• lave vaisselle said:

Hola muy bonito blog! Hombre .. Hermoso .. Increíble .. Voy a tu blog favorito y también los feeds …

• RAYMUNDO said:

@dannysbowers No it just means you estimate your usage though some drop down options. Lets you start the auction though http://t.co/7yBTOkAx

• Shayne Ceder said:

Heya! Now I’m at on my job surfing around your weblog from my new mobile! Just thought I’d say I enjoy looking at your blog. http://www.bluecheesedressings.com

• Rogelio Gwinn said:

Hello! I’m at on my job looking at your website from my new droid! Simply thought I’d tell you I enjoy reading your blog. http://www.bluecheesedressings.com

• Gerard Zelkin said:

Hello from Florida here! I’m bored to tears with my job so I thought I would have a look at your blog on my iphone in the lunch break. One of my close friends just texed me the link so decided to try it out. Amazed how quickly it loaded on my mobile.. I am not using WIFI, simply 3G.. In any case, like your site! http://www.bluecheesedressings.com

• Lily Mccann said:

Im by using a very little issue I cant subscribe your feed, Im using google reader fyi. My mate which I have been simply talking over this excellent topic, she happens to be regularly endeavouring to prove me incorrect! i will show her this type of post not to mention rub it within the little!

• Melaka Girl said:

this is interesting! local food as their fast food meals and it’s somehow more nutritious than any other fast foods.

• My Vacation Connection said:

Great post! Now I am hungry :) I love eating local foods when I travel, it makes for a more culturally enjoyable trip!