Home » Barcelona

10 Things You Must Do At La Rambla Street, Barcelona

8 September 2008 29 Comments

I should pass through street at least twice everyday when I was in . That’s wonderful beginings and endings of mine days.
La Rambla is the iconic street of Barcelona. It connects Plaza and the ’ monument at Port Vell. It is regard as the emotional hub of Barcelona.
Okay, Here is my La Rambla street guide.

Bold sidewalk artists of La Rambla Street

Busker’s performance on La Rambla Street

The famous drinking fountain which can help you back to Barcelona

10 Things You Must Do At La Rambla Street, Barcelona

1. Enjoy a cup of coffee at Café Zurich
Café Zurich locates at the corner of Plaza Catalonia and at the beginning of la Rambla, It’s one of the most popular cafe and social meeting place in Barcelona where Fabiola of Belgium’s brother worked as a pianist.

2. Drink the water from drinking fountain at the top of La Rambla.
It’s said that the water from this fountain has a magical quality, if you drink it, you can return to Barcelona if you want. I loved Barcelona, So I drank everytime I passed by it.

3. Enjoy watching various live performances.
La Rambla street is also called as buskers street. You can enjoy live performances, human statue art etc. various style performances from all over the world.

4. Enjoy fresh food at
It’s a famous public market which already has more than 800 years history. It’s also Barcelona’s most iconic street market. Also see my post at: Why La Boqueria Means Colorful Taste To Me

5. Enjoy the drawings of the sidewalk artists from all over the world.
I think they are all genius,all they need is a good chance. Maybe you can give them.

6. Shopping at El Corte Ingles
It’s Spain’s largest department store chain. If you are looking for some special things difficult to find in a regular shop, El Corte Ingles is your right choice.

7. Looking for Barcelona Miró
Few people know that there is a Barcelona Miró on La Rambla Street. That’s Mirós’ circular tile mosaic. It locates very close to the Liceu Theatre and the Liceu metro. If you look carefully you will also find one tile that was signed by The famous painter Joan Miró Miró.

8. Visit one of the world’s finest Opera houses, Gran Teatre del Liceu
Teatre of the Liceu completely rebuilt after a devastating fire in 1994. It has retained its original splendour and is host to some of the best musical programs in Barcelona.

9. Visit the site where Columbus disembarked when he returned to Spain after his first voyage to the America.
The Columbus Monument locates at the lower end of La Rambla. It was constructed for the Exposición Universal de Barcelona (1888). You can take an elevator to get a good views of the Barcelona and port. And you can image how Christopher Columbus reported to Queen Isabella and Ferdinand about his most famous trip there.

10. Visit Centre d’Art Santa Mònica
It’s a public museum of contemporary art located on the Raval side of Rambla de Santa Mònica, with regular exhibitions of international artists.

La Rambla Street Travel guide

How to get there:
The best way to travel to La Rambla street is by the Metro. There are three stations along the street. These are all on the green L3 line of the Metro, and are:
* Drassanes – at the southern tip of La Rambla, next to the harbour Port Vell
* Liceu – midway along the street, near Carrer de’l Hospital
* Catalunya – at the northern end of La Rambla, on the southern edge of Placa Catalunya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , , ,

• A. said:

They have *naked* side walk artists?! Amazing. I’d go there to see that alone :)

iWalk reply on September 9th, 2008 9:11 am:

Ha, Yeah, Maybe it’s a little trick to attract the tourists.
    There were many naked people at sea bay, yeah, Maybe that’s the best way to enjoy sunshine of mediterranean sea. :)

Sidewalk artists in the buff? Hahha..forbidden over here but I saw an almost exact street busker sitting down and all painted in white last nite..hehhhe. Guess they have copycat performances like these anywhere all over the world.

iWalk reply on September 9th, 2008 9:33 am:

It sounds an interesting thing! Copying the performances and spreading them to every corner of the world by manpower.

beylikdüzü günlük kiralık reply on March 18th, 2012 9:57 am:

Beylikdüzü günlük kiralık ev arayan herkesin buluşma noktası

• eunice said:

Great tips here! I have never visited Barcelona before. Are there many nude walkers around? I saw a blogger posted a naked old man jogging in the street of Spain with his butt painted :D

iWalk reply on September 9th, 2008 9:40 am:

Thanks Eunice!
    I saw many nude old men and old women at the beach of Barcelona. But seldom to see beautiful young ladies, That’s strange, em~~~~

• Wolf said:

One of my colleague lost his wallet at La Rambla.
    Be care of thieves when you play there!

iWalk reply on September 9th, 2008 9:49 am:

Oh, Yeah, La Rambla street is also a heaven of thieves and spoliators. You must be very careful even during daylight hours.

• RennyBA said:

You really have an eye for special things and occasions and its great to see them through your lens.

I’ve never been to Barcelona, but really have an urge to go there after this – tanks for taking us with and for the advices.

• rintjez said:

artists showing off his full moon?? hahaha… coolies!

• John chow said:

That’s really an amazing place I should visit. :D

• Tiny said:

I should ask you bring me some magic water from that drinking fountain! I want visit Barcelona too!

clairol reply on March 18th, 2012 2:23 am:

me and hubby planning to go next year i will make sure i will drink to that water in that fountain……………………..

• Quickroute said:

I visited Barcelona twice but it was in winter. I don’t think the naked artists would have been around then!

• Jon - The DC Traveler said:

Great list, makes me want to visit. The sute where Columbus returned from America is especially interesting.

• Gracie Parker said:

anyone who makes money on the internet would love to know the secret of John Chow’s success.””

• Brooklyn Evans said:

John Chow is my idol when it comes to online moneymaking,.”

• Umbilical Cord : said:

john chow is still the king of blogging and he is still my idol~-;

Hello guy did you’r had news links ? I like article developing for me … ..

• Esanjör said:

very good \o/

• Wire Gauge said:

John Chow is definitely my idol, i think that guy is extra-ordinary. he is really talented .:.

• Melaka Girl said:

Barcelona~my top 5 list of the places I must visit in the world!

• Tom Shatrau said:

there are so many famous painters but i really love vincent van gogh. his paintings are really great.-

My personal web-site
    <a href="http://www.melatoninfaq.com/explanations-about-melatonin-interactions-with-other-medications-and-alcohol/

• free diapers said:

I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers but this post is actually
    a good article, keep it up.

my website: free diapers

• buy youtube views said:

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I willl be
    waiting for your next wrijte ups thanks once again.
    buy youtube views´s last [type] ..buy youtube views

• garden wall water fountain said:

Hi, I would like to subscribe for this web site to take latest updates, thus where can i
    do it please assist.
    garden wall water fountain´s last [type] ..garden wall water fountain

• tafa said:

Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad
    and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop,
    just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
    tafa´s last [type] ..tafa