Home » Food Guide, GuangDong

Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me, If You Come To Guangzhou

24 July 2008 32 Comments

Actually, is an important part of my weekend life.
It’s typical lifestyle of GuangDong, whatever old days or modern time. It not only brings delicious Dim Sum, But also relaxs your press.

Dan Ta : classic rich Chinese egg custard in a flaky pastry shell

Fa Cai Zhu Li, It’s only offering during Chinese new year festival

Ma La Gao, together with currants

Jin Jiang Feng Zhua, made by feet of chicken

Cu Liang Yan Mai Bao, made by oatmeal

Xia Jiao, teamed shrimp dumpling wrapped in rice flour wrapper

Chang Fen: light steamed rice noodle sheets rolled with shrimp or meat, served with a light soy based sauce.

Fu Shi Xue Shan Bao, with purple taro inside

Xian Shui Jiao: deep fried glutinous rice flour dumpling stuffed with savory filling of meat and mushrooms

Shou Gong Yu Wan, Hand made fresh fish ball

Fa Cai Zhou, a kind of porridge means good luck at making momey

As a person lived long time in Chengdu, I loved drinking flower tea in the garden teahouse very much.

But traditional tea houses in GuangDong are different. They offer some snacks with tea, And called GuangDong morning tea, Though they open from about 6:00 am to midnight, serving morning tea, lunch tea, afternoon tea, dinner tea and evening tea. They call themselves tea restaurant.

Guangdong morning tea can be traced back to the Qing Dynasty. In the age of Xianfeng, There was a type of simple teashop named One Percent Shop, It was the first teashop that offered snacks together with tea. Later on, This teahouses developed into a big tea restaurants. Since then, morning tea became very popular in Guangdong, And became a part of special offshoot of Chinese .

Guangdong’s geographic location and weather provides plentiful fresh fruit, produce and seafood. This offers good materials of tea refreshments. In Today’s tea restaurant, Tea refreshments play a more important role than tea. And this is the important standard when we consider if the tea reataurant is good enough.

Okay, If you will come to , Just leave me a message here, I will be glad to treat you the best GuangDong morning tea.:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Tags: , , , , , ,

• Tiny said:

I am always so glad to have morning tea with you, iWalk.
    Miss you and these Dim Sum so much. :)

iWalk reply on July 25th, 2008 12:09 am:

My Leo is waiting for you, Tiny.:)

• Joy said:

Thanks for visit. We love dimsum too!

iWalk reply on July 24th, 2008 11:42 pm:

So, Welcome to Guangzhou.
    Though I love the fresh seafood of Australia so much. :)

Lovely and delicious food !

It’s a promise then ! I would want to try all the wonderful dishes you posted above !

Yummy !

iWalk reply on July 24th, 2008 11:30 pm:

Yeah, JH, It’s a promise.

I would treat you all the things above, If they still offer them.

You must be hurry, They often change the menu. :P

• winona said:

hai, it’s fine if you don’t understand my language, that is in indonesian :) . but I have another page about tourism in Indonesia in blogspot.

iWalk reply on July 25th, 2008 11:23 am:

ha, I know that, I already visited your English blog last night.:)

• Liam said:

Looks delicious, if I ever come to GuangDong I’d love to have morning tea with you. I love Chinese food.

iWalk reply on July 26th, 2008 8:59 am:

Welcome Liam, I know there are many great Guangdong restaurants in China Town of Sydney, But their taste are already different from local restaurants here.

I think you will enjoy real Guangdong morning tea.

Yummy eggtarts! Thanks for the drop :D

iWalk reply on July 27th, 2008 12:44 am:

Ha, We both like food and travel!

• Tiny said:

Dim Sum’s pronunciation sounds like Cantonese

• Quickroute said:

Yummy! My mouth is watering at the sight of those pastries!

Tiny reply on July 28th, 2008 12:12 am:

Food is everything, That’s the truth.:)

• melee said:

wow this great food.. hmmmmmmmmm yummy.. i loved it… lolz so so so delicious….

iWalk reply on July 29th, 2008 10:38 am:

So, melee, Guangzhou is here waiting for you!

• Sonya said:

Visually stunning, iWalk. It looks as if I can almost eat the food and drink the tea right off the screen. I stumbled it, dugg it, and tried to buzz it but had problems with that one. Anyway, great job.

iWalk reply on October 17th, 2008 11:30 am:

Oh, Thank you so much dear Sonya! You are always so kind to help others!
    Yeah, I want you give me a chance to enjoy all these yummies with you!

• Tine said:

Is there an adress where we can do this ‘tea party’? We would love to do it in a parc somewhere. We asked the taxi driver to bring us to a tea house in a parc but we ended up totally wrong and still not having drunk tea. So could you give us some specific teahouse tips or the name of a parc where we can enjoy this?

Thanks a lot!

Tine

iWalk reply on May 5th, 2009 12:22 pm:

Sorry,Tine, I forgot the address, All these Dim Sums were from:

MeiFeng Teahouse

Address: No.82 FuHua East Road, ShiQiao, Panyu, Guangzhou
    广州市番禺区市桥富华东路82号

Tel:(020)84800399 34803038

It’s a very popular Teahouse offers great yummies with cheap price. But they don’t offer booking service, So there are always many people waiting for a seat.

• Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me If You Come To Guangzhou | Green Tea Fat Burner said:

[...] Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me If You Come To Guangzhou Posted by root 3 hours ago (http://www.iwalku2.com) Dan ta classic rich chinese egg custard in a flaky pastry shell add your comment below or trackback from your own site powered by wordpress log in entries rss comments rss arthemia theme by michael jubel Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me If You Come To Guangzhou [...]

OK, will definitely meet up with you if I go Guangzhou next time! Ooh, the food looks so delicious! I’m drooling : )
    .-= foongpc´s last blog ..Souvenirs From Guilin =-.

• Patricia Kinseth said:

Sick of obtaining low amounts of useless visitors for your site? Well i want to let you know about a new underground tactic that produces myself $900 per day on 100% AUTOPILOT. I could be here all day and going into detail but why dont you simply check their website out? There is a great video that explains everything. So if your seriously interested in making simple hard cash this is the website for you. Auto Traffic Avalanche

• Albertina said:

I rarely leave a response, however I browsed a few comments on
    Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me, If You Come To Guangzhou | iWalk, U2?
    . I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright. Is it simply me or do a few of the responses look as if they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I’d like to keep
    up with everything new you have to post. Would you post a list of the
    complete urls of your shared pages like your linkedin profile,
    Facebook page or twitter feed?

• navy personnel command millington tn said:

Good day! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

• Marilou said:

Magnificent web site. Plenty of useful

info here. I’m sending it to a few buddies ans also

sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you for
    your

effort!

• pligg.com said:

Drinking GuangDong Morning Tea With Me – If You Come To Guangzhou | iWalk – U2?…

Albox is regarded as the many villages & cities within the beautiful area of Almeria Spain. Albox property, free property sales and rentals classified adverts, Albox rentals, everything to help you sell or rent your property with no charges, house for …

• how to take maternity pictures at home said:

He could be the one who’s going to assist you to in using the right decision on the right time. Other activities that could be detrimental on the fetus during the initial trimester include:. Heidi doesn’t take this task lightly,
    she’s actually becomes Kate in everyway possible and sticks for this on a daily basis. The baby’s heartbeat can be heard at 10 to 12 weeks
    with ultrasound or at 18 to 20 weeks which has a stethoscope.

Remember though, the past thing you need to be giving up is nutrients essential for growth and
    development.
    how to take maternity pictures at home´s last [type] ..how to take maternity pictures at home

• home made solar powered heating said:

I truly wanted to send a simple remark to

appreciate you for some of the splendid

recommendations you are placing at this website. My rather long internet search has finally been compensated with professional tips to

write about with my companions. I ‘d suppose that most of us site visitors actually are extremely blessed to dwell in a wonderful

place with many awesome individuals with helpful pointers. I feel

very much happy to

have used your webpages and look forward to so many more pleasurable minutes reading here. Thanks once more for a lot of things.

my website home made solar powered heating
    home made solar powered heating´s last [type] ..home made solar powered heating

• parkinson500 said:

Hi there thanks alot for the post………….

Guangzhou Flights

• blogs.rediff.com said:

A powerful share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing

slightly analysis on this. And he actually bought me
    breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile.
    So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat!

However yeah Thnkx for

spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about
    it and love reading

extra on this topic. If doable, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with

details? It is extremely useful for me. Huge thumb up for this

weblog publish!

Stop by my web-site; Albox houses (blogs.rediff.com)
    blogs.rediff.com´s last [type] ..blogs.rediff.com